Using a detailed and methodical approach, they sought to find a more quantifiable answer than the usual “It depends.”
Here are a few interesting highlights:
- The average Top10 ranking page is 2+ years old. And those that rank at position #1 are almost 3 years old (on average). In fact, only 22% of pages that currently rank in the Top10 were created within 1 year.
- Only 5.7% of all newly published pages will get to Google Top 10 within a year. Of these, the majority of them managed to achieve that in approximately 61 to 182 days.
- Only 0.3% of pages ranked in the Top10 for a high-volume keyword in less than a year.
- Pages from websites with a high Domain Rating (DR) performed way better than those with a low DR.
- Almost 95% of newly published pages don’t get to the Top10 within a year. And most of the “lucky” ones, which do manage to get there, do it in about 2–6 months.