ORANGE STAR BLOG
Subscribe to Fresh Squeezed, essential ideas on branding, marketing and growing a small business.
Subscribe to receive Fresh Squeezed, essential ideas on branding, marketing and growing a small business.
Shawn Anchor: The happy secret to better work
Happiness inspires us to be more productive
We believe we should work hard in order to be happy, but could we be thinking about things backwards? In this fast-moving and very funny talk, psychologist Shawn Achor argues that, actually, happiness inspires us to be more productive.
Did you know:
- 90% of your happiness comes from how your brain processes the world around you, not the external world itself.
- The brain at positive performs better than negative, neutral or stressed.
- When we are happy and positive, intelligence rises, energy rises and creativity rises.
Small changes have big ripple effects
He explains that practicing new habits for 21 days rewires the brain. If you want to be more positive, happy and all around better, he recommends these daily exercises. Even if you only choose one of them, you will experience positive results.
- 3 Gratitudes
- Journaling (recount one positive experience from the last 24 hrs)
- Random acts of kindness (even as small as thanking someone)
We are all works in progress — the goal should never be perfection… but to take consistent imperfect action.